Electrolysis is a method of removing individual hairs from the face or body. Today’s medical electrolysis devices destroy the growth center of the hair with chemical or heat energy. After a very fine probe is inserted into the hair follicle, the hair is removed with tweezers.
Most areas of the body can be treated with electrolysis, including the eyebrows, face, abdomen, thighs and legs. There are generally no permanent side effects, but sometimes a temporary, slight reddening of the skin may occur.
Here is the infographic by estheticsschoolny.com , which shows the facts about Electrolysis hair removal.
Things to know about Electrolysis:
- Electrolysis is safe for all skin types. Even if your skin is very light and sensitive or very dark and sensitive, electrolysis can be performed.
- Electrolysis can successfully treat distorted hair, which is usually a hair-trait predominant in African, and African-American ethnicity.
- Electrolysis hair removal treatment will NEVER damage your skin to a nerve level.
- If anyone is not comfortable with this hair removal method, then one can use Revitol hair removal cream.
- Electrolysis machines have up to 550 programs for each body part. That means the machine power can be adjusted, and is customized to each body part.