People of all age groups are prone to acne. It is more common these days because of unhealthy lifestyles and improper skin care. Whatever the reason may be, in order to treat acne, we should first understand the real cause behind them to treat them successfully.
Factors that is responsible for the formation of acne.
- Production of sebum in excess amounts
- Bacteria accumulating on the skin surface
- Accumulation of dead skin cells.
Acne is formed when sebaceous glands produce excess oil and dead skin is not removed. This blocks the hair follicle causing pimples. The situation gets worse when the bacteria start feeding on sebum and dead cells.
Major triggers that cause acne outbursts
- Hormonal imbalance is the foremost cause of acne which is why teens are prone to them. During puberty hormone level is at its peak. This increases the activity of sebaceous glands, thus leading to excess oil production. Not only puberty, but even stress or depression disturbs the hormone balance which begets acne.
- Notions about certain fast foods causing acne have no strong evidence to back up but according to recent research, it has been found that people having acne should avoid dairy products like milk and butter.
- Acne can also trigger just before the beginning of the monthly periodic cycle.
- Use of certain cosmetics and medicines.
Propionibacterium acne is one out of many bacteria present on the surface of the skin. This normally does not cause any harm, but when excess sebum and dirt fills the follicular space it starts growing. This causes acne to grow in leaps and bounds. The redness is due to the inflammation caused by white and red blood cells send by the body to prevent infection. P. bacteria only make the condition worse when the environment of skin is not optimized. By optimized conditions, it means that oil secretion and hormone production are balanced.
How to get rid of acne?
You must have understood now that limiting sebum production in the right manner can lead to quicker healing of pimples. Here’s how:-
- This can be accomplished by keeping the skin pores clear by exfoliating the skin regularly followed by applying acne cream like Revitol Acnezine that suits your skin type.
- Adding vitamin A to your diet also prevents acne formation because it controls sebaceous glands activity to produce excess sebum.
- It is quite difficult but very necessary to leave the pimples alone. We have a tendency to pop the pimples. Once you keep your hands off and leave them to the professional treatment, you’ll see better results.
- There is a common notion that washing face with soaps reduces acne. Well, it is rather detrimental to acne because it contains fats and oils which further blocks the pores and worsen the situation. It works similar to a moisturizer.