Why suffer from those unsightly acne marks when you can really do something about it. Scars come in all shapes and sizes and it isn’t anything that you would ever like to show off. Acne scars not only affects your skin but it deeply damage your confidence, if it stays for too long. No need to compromise with your beautiful skin with those unwanted ugly scars. Here are few scar minimizing treatments that can really help you get rid of it:
Some of the best natural remedies for scars that can help
- Lemon to the scars: Lemons have alpha hydroxy acids(AHA) which help to remove dead skin cells and help new cells to grow. It even helps bring back some elasticity to the skin. As a natural bleach, it can help lighten scars. Apply lemon for about 10 minutes daily for better results. Lemon juice makes your skin sensitive to light, so always wear sunscreen whenever you go out.
- Honey and baking Soda: Raw honey and baking soda are good for fading scars. Honey is a natural moisturizer and stimulates tissue regeneration, and is quite effective in the treatment of wounds. Applying honey mixed with baking soda on your face certainly help fade away the acne scars.
- Onion extract: onion extract is an anti-inflammatory and helps inhibit the production of collagen in a scar, thereby making it less noticeable. Onion extract is found in most of the scar creams. This process does show results but may take several weeks for the same.
- Aloe vera gel: Aloe Vera is one of the best natural scar treatment remedies for skin problems. Its anti-inflammatory properties help reduce skin irritations and help remove dead skin from wounds. Aloe Vera is also known to lessen swelling, repair damaged skin cells, and fortify new skin cells that are being produced. Everyday use of Aloe Vera for a few minutes can help scars fade away.
- Indian Gooseberry: This is a great source of vitamin C, and is most effective if applied to a newly-healed area immediately, as it goes right to work while inhibiting the formation of scar tissue. Massaging it gently on your face can help reduce scars.
Essential oils: Natural scar treatment remedies
- Tea tree Oil: This is a powerful and another best natural scar remedy, as the oil has anti-bacterial properties and when used properly can gradually remove scars. Tea tree oil is a strong oil, therefore it should be diluted with water before applying directly to the skin.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is rich in vitamins E and K, which are great for your skin and is quite effective in fading your scars quickly. Virgin olive oil is particularly high in anti-oxidants and has higher acidity level, which helps to lighten the scars. Apply olive oil to your face and keep a wet towel of slightly hot water on your face. It opens up your pores and helps your scars heal sooner.
Other Scar Minimizing Treatments
- Scar Removal Creams: These treatments are quite common these days. Companies prepare scar removal cream with highly advanced formula, which is extremely beneficial for the skin. Scar reducing lotions, gels, creams can be found over the counter and most of them contain important ingredients like silicone and hydroquinone for reducing scars.
- Silicone: silicone can be found in gels or in sheets, and when applied to scar tissue, silicone has been proven effective in lightening and flattening scars. Silicone sheets adhere to the affected area and they stick firmly and treat the scars effectively.
So, you got a bundle of remedies for treating your scars. Now, your scars should not be creating any problem for you in future. These natural and medical treatments depend on the frequency of a number of your scars. Some scars are stubborn and some get removed easily. However, you must not stop treating them naturally or medically.