Experts are not sure about the cause behind rosacea, they just know that something irritates the skin and results in itchy redness. It is not caused by any bacterial infection and tends to effect people with fair skin. The cause is still unknown, but some theories suggest – sun damage and close proximity of blood vessels to the surface of skin. Redness on cheeks and forehead are common symptoms of rosacea. The redness may be temporary, but can appear time and again on cheeks, neck and ears. Rosacea is no caused by consuming excess alcohol, as it was thought in the past. But yes it can trigger the already present rosacea if consumed in excess amounts. Though Rosacea doesn’t have a cure, but medications and treatments can reduce the symptoms and signs. According to the recent researches, it happens to people above the age of 30 mostly having a fair skin.
What causes Rosacea?
The cause is unknown, but it is claimed that rosacea flares when the blood vessel on the face dilate causing redness on the cheeks. There are some more suspected causes for this ailment like genetic factors, any gastrointestinal disease and medicines which cause blood vessels to dilate. It is often noticed in the people who have family history with rosacea. Additionally, there are variety of factors that triggers rosacea like stress, depression that causes anxiety, sunlight, hot baths, saunas, corticosteroids and spicy foods. Many think rosacea to be similar to acne. They are not similar, but can co-exist and at times called adult acne. It strikes both the sexes of every age, typically adults.
What are the symptoms?
People with rosacea often have:
- Dry, red and irritated eyes.
- Small zits, acne like burst outs.
- A red face with flush appearance.
- Coarse skin surface
- Small blood vessel visible on your nose and cheeks
- Red areas on the face, neck and chest
Rosacea appears in three stages:
- Pre- rosacea: Pre rosacea is associated with the beginning symptoms of rosacea, like tendency to blush frequently, redness on some parts of your face especially nose and visible blood vessels on cheeks due to dilation of blood vessel.
- Vascular rosacea: With time, if it is neglected, the blood reaches vascular level and blood vessel begins to swell. This swelling makes them visible on the nose and cheeks. Such skin is very sensitive and is more likely to develop acne and even dandruff.
- Inflammatory rosacea: This is the last stage of rosacea in which the face become inflammatory red and red pustules may appear. If still not treated then it can spread to the entire face and chest.
Generally rosacea is not cured but the effects can be reduced. There are over the counter creams to treat rosacea, by applying them you can get rid of this disease with time. This lasts for years and tends to worsen if not treated on time. Treatment of rosacea Treatment of this ailment depends upon the extent and severity of the disease. Many medications are presently available to treat rosacea. But the best as per the dermatologists is Rosacea skin treatment creams. Revitol Rosacea Cream is one such cream that:
- Removes skin bumps, pimples, and redness and leaves the skin glowing and bright.
- The bacteria fighting agents in this rosacea cream kill bacteria and prevent skin infections.
- It contains broad spectrum sunscreen that protects against both UVB and UVA rays.
There is a range of oral medications that have been used for rosacea but they might cause side effects to the people with sensitive immune system and skin. Next, there is Laser and intense pulsed light treatments which can treat redness and pimples successfully but it is highly expensive and many risk factors are associated with it. Laser and Intense pulse treatments throw a high intensity laser beams over the blood vessels, the heat damages the widened veins. But along with this there is chance that it may damage the adjacent areas too. Side effects of laser treatments may include:
- Cracking of skin
- Increased redness
- Swelling in the parts adjacent to treated parts
Therefore, tropical creams are best for treating this disease and Revitol Rosacea Cream is best amongst them. As it contains moisturizer and a good SPF sunscreen it treats the infected skin in a far better way. There are no corticosteroids present in this cream and all ingredients are those which should be present in a good rosacea cream. Corticosteroids worsen the situation in a long run.