For lot of you beauty is often sidetracked because either you don’t have time to take care of yourselves or have super busy lifestyles. Our understanding of look gorgeous and radiant is based on the myth that we should focus more internally than externally. But here lies the difference – while eating well, external care is also significant to beautify yourself and protect skin from environmental harm. Before chalking out a skin care routine it is absolutely necessary to determine the skin type you have. In general, we have five skin types: Oily, Combination, Sensitive, Dry and Sun Damaged. These are based on the amount of oil your skin produces which in turn is determined by the genetic makeup, stress level, hormonal misbalance and your skin care routine. Dermatologists suggest that you must take a skin care test before you go for any product or treatment. Test can be performed at home as well, with a lens cleansing tissue paper. Wash your face, let it dry and keep this paper at different spots. If it turns translucent, your skin is oily, if it doesn’t the skin is dry and if it is slightly oily then the skin type is normal or combination. What should be the basic skin care regime for radiant skin? Taking care of your skin daily will help improve the complexion and texture of face. These are the six basic steps to make skin look fresh every time you see yourself in the mirror.
- CLEANSE: Cleansing is the first step of skin care regime. Apply cleansing milk or cream all over the face and massage in circular motions over neck and face. After leaving it on the face for a while, wipe it off with cotton pads by avoiding the area around the eyes. Wash the face with lukewarm water.
- STEAM: Steaming the face for 5 to 10 minutes, this keep it hydrated and soft. It becomes easy for us to deal with blackheads and whiteheads after steaming. After hydrating the face remove black and whiteheads using a soft tissue or wet wipe.
- EXFOLIATE: Scrub the face with exfoliating creams which contain abrasives in them. Use scrub with warm water and massage for a while; this removes the dead cells and leave your skin fresh and smooth.
- FACIAL MASK: Face masks helps to rejuvenate skin and make you look more radiant. Apply the face mask and leave it there for 15-20 minutes as per the mentioned guidelines. Use warm water to rinse and at the end splash some cold water to close the pores. Pat dry with clean soft towel.
- TONE: Tone your face after the face mask step. Pour some toner on a cotton plug and apply all over the skin especially on forehead, neck and chin.
- MOISTURIZE: Moisturize your skin at the end of this regime by using a good moisturizer. Massage in circular motions over skin and neck.
Is this regime appropriate for both men and women? Coming to the very basic point men skin is biologically different from women skin. It is thicker and oilier than that of women, with more blood vessels and more hair growth. Recent studies have identified four major differences between the two skins:
- Denser facial hair: This is due to the different hormones and their different levels in men, mainly testosterone. It provokes hair growth in both the skin layers dermis and epidermis.
- More Blood vessels: Men have larger blood vessels which are more prominent on the cheek bones
- Thick skin: Men have thick skin than that of women.
- Larger sebaceous glands: The sebaceous glands are larger, more active and more in number in men.
All these physiological differences in the skin types make men skin altogether a different one and thus may result in different skin problems. Why beauty products are so important for skin care? Squeezing in facials and juggling all day with skin care regimes require a significant amount of ‘me-time’, and nobody has got that. Right? With too many balls in the air it is evident to drop one; same is the case with your skin care. When there are plenty of different beauty cosmetics looking at you from the wardrobe, it becomes too overwhelming. Spending crazy amount of money on the beauty products without even knowing the pros and cons is like suffocating yourself with so many options. You don’t need any intricate techniques and products for your skin care. Beauty products are of importance if they are used wisely as per your need and skin type. Revitol products have been made to meet the requirements of every skin type be it oily or combination. From exfoliating to anti wrinkle creams, Revitol has made breakthrough steps in making the skin better and better each day. Its unique and harmless ingredients rejuvenate the skin and have no side effects to any skin type. With revitol you don’t need any different cosmetic product to pamper your skin.